Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The same night

My last blog entry was on our 15 hour journey to Kerala by road.  I guess I was able to communicate how exhausted and tired we all were by the time we reached home.  We all took refreshing showers, ate homely food and immediately went to sleep.

Regular readers know how Jenny has a habit of trying to jump of the bed.  Since the bed in our room (in Kerala) would not have been able to accommodate all three of us, Anuja decided to sleep with Jenny on the floor; just so that she doesn't have to worry about Jenny falling off the bed.  It might have been around 10 p.m. by the time we went to sleep.  All three of us fell asleep immediately.

Almost at sharp 4 a.m. my wife wakes me up saying, "Your daughter is awake".  Not that Jenny never wakes up, but she usually immediately goes back to sleep after having been fed.  However, if she is 'up' it means she won't go back to sleep immediately.  Being the caring husband that I am (!), I told my wife to sleep on the bed and that I would take care of the kid.

A word about the house: space is ample in Kerala.  Houses are built lavishly...everything is bigger and wider here.  Kids coming from Bangalore love coming to Kerala as they have plenty of space to crawl, run, play and explore.  Same goes for Jenny.  For the next three hours (while the rest of the house was obviously still asleep), she crawled around, explored, and visited all the areas of the house she had access to.  There was no sign of fatigue or anything that this little creature had just travelled 850 km in one stretch.  She seemed even livelier than she would be in Bangalore!  I took some snaps just to show people I am not exaggerating (it was taken on the mobile phone in poor light...kindly excuse the bad quality of the pics).  






 I haven't seen her in almost 8 days now.  But from what I am hearing, she is still exploring and enjoying every inch of ground that she gets extra from what she is used to in Bangalore.  :)

1 comment:

  1. like i told you, she's looking so different....happy running behind her when she starts to walk :)

    ReplyDelete