Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Daddy's home!

I was travelling for almost a week.  Though in my line of work, trips cannot be strictly called business trips, it was still an official trip!  It was a blend between a road trip and a business trip.  My boss and I travelled by car an approximate of 400 km daily, seeing the sites and visiting places of commercial, social and cultural interests.  Though it was my home state, we visited many places where I myself had never been to.

So, after all the travel, I got home yesterday.  Readers might remember how I expressed my fear before on whether my daughter would recognise me after a gap of a couple of days.  These thoughts were going through my head when I was going up the stairs to my house.

There she was, in her mothers arms.  She looked at me with concentration written all over her face.  Then she smiled!  So, what did I do?  I swept her into my arms like I always do.  Big mistake!  She immediately 'demanded' to go back to mother's arms.  She might have smiled at me, but that didn't mean she was full recognising me yet!  

The next 5 minutes were fully dedicated in re-introducing me!  Once I got her laughing and smiling, I guess she understood me to be the guy who lives in the same house. :)

In two weeks, Jenny and her mother are going on a trip of their own for 3 weeks.  If a 5 day trip required me to spend 5 minutes on re-introducing myself, I am wondering whether the same ratio applies when I meet her again after those 3 weeks.  Wishful thinking, methinks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chill Tilj...
    Give her some time to grow up...
    Let her recognize 'who is who' in her life...

    She will all be yours... :)



    Sibi Mathews

    ReplyDelete