Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Marco - Polo

Marco Polo is a children's game usually played in water.  One player is blindfolded and calls out 'Marco' and another random player has to reply 'Polo'.  Marco has then to find Polo while remaining blindfolded...but he/she can keep calling 'Marco' and 'Polo' has to answer.  

Where am I going with this?  Has Jenny started playing?  No.  Has she started swimming?  No.  Then why am I explaining a game that people play in their swimming pools?

We just found out the cutes thing yesterday.  My wife keeps playing with Jenny as if she cannot find her.  She keeps saying, "Jenny!  Where is Jenny?  Where did Jenny go?" and Jennifer usually would come crawling with a big grin on her face!  However, yesterday when the same game was played and when my wife said those famous "where is Jenny" words, our daughter said, "Ga!"  We tried again.  "Ga!"  Again and again, the result was the same.  She somehow figured out that when she is being called, she has to respond.  

I know I am repeating myself, but toddlers never fail to amaze me how they figure out stuff.  I mean we have not taught her how to respond when being called; we find her too young for that.  But somehow she saw my wife and I responding when called and she figured out that she had to do the same.  I have said it before and I say it again, if we were still as smart and observant as we were when we were young, there would be no end to our learning and to the things we gain in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Ya its same......today when i sit with her in floor she gave a kiss to me on my head many times she is playing with me by kissing i fel so happpy,nw am enjoying her love to me so much.

    ReplyDelete