Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Miscellaneous Musings

I do not have anything in particular to write on today...so I thought I would pen down some miscellaneous things about Jenny.

  1. She loves the mirror.  Hold her in front of the mirror any time; she'll stop what she is doing (even if it is crying) and smile at herself.  I wonder what the fascination is between women and mirrors.  In order to teach us that the universal sign for women was '♀', my biology teacher told us to visualise it as a hand mirror in a woman's hand...I never confused the signs again!  And I don't intend to sound gender biased here...I doubt I have seen my sister's sons so happy in front of the mirror (I don't think I have ever seen them in front on any mirror!) as my little girl is.  Her face just lights up!  We were thinking yesterday of getting her a small mirror for herself.  After all, vanity: thy name is woman!
  2. She is a cuddle bunny!  She really is.  She loves being cheek to cheek with the person carrying her.  She enjoys sitting one one's lap and just leans back to look at our faces.  While sleeping in the night, she turns and turns till she feels either of us parents lying next to her.  She sometimes puts her face into our palms or against our arms just feeling the warmth.  She may not know how to kiss or what it means, but it doesn't stop her from trying to kiss us!  And even if she is just sitting idle with us, she would keep touching our hands and fingers, as if to reassure us that she likes us...Ok, I am sure it may not be something that is unique to our child, but we love it.
  3. Both my wife and I are foodies.  We love eating (it shows!) and experimenting with different recipes.  To quote an uncle of mine, "Knowing you two, I have no doubts the baby will eat, too."  True.  In general, Jennifer has no problem with eating.  She does not seem to be particularly fussy about what to eat, as long as she gets to eat!  Her doctor has told us to gradually introduce her to the food that we eat, but paying attention not to make things too sweet, spicy or salty.  So, be it rice, mashed potatoes, mangoes, bananas, carrots and the like....she doesn't mind eating it.  Which in turn makes us happy, too.  As long as the baby keeps eating and eating well, we consider it a sign that she feels comfortable and well.
I could go on musing like this about this and that.  But I guess this would have to do today.  At the risk of repeating myself: I treasure all these moments and experiences with my daughter.  And I love writing them down so that the memory and the emotion is still fresh...and maybe Jennifer herself will like reading these down the road and realise that she has always been loved and cared for by her parents.

1 comment:

  1. i liked the 'mirror' - universal sign of women :) who taught you biology - dan brown ?

    ReplyDelete