Monday, June 14, 2010

A case of mistaken Identity

My sister-in-law has blessed us with her presence by having come on a visit.  She is my wife's younger sister but only by a bit.  The interesting part is that both the sisters resemble each other quite closely when it comes to size and figure.  They may not be twins when it comes to faces, but they are similar enough to wear the other's clothes comfortably (a luxury I never shared with my siblings, since both of them are girls!!!).

This is bound to create confusions here and there.  I can remember at least 4 instances over the weekend, when I spoke to my sister-in-law thinking she was my wife, only because she was wearing her dress.  It's very embarrassing...especially when your wife of 41 months is standing there, laughing at the mix-up!  But apparently, I wasn't the only victim here.

Jennifer is quite unique among kids I have seen in recent times with respect to her waking habits.  She wakes up at 5.30 or 6 in the morning and would be wide awake.  No grogginess...no sour mood....just a sweet smile on her face....and lot of stretching on the bed!  Since her aunt was sleeping with her and Anuja yesterday, yours truly had been ousted to sleep in the guest quarters!!!  So, I heard that Jenny was awake by 6 and my wife had gotten up to make coffee.  I went to the bedroom, and there she was up, wrapped up cosily in the arms of her aunt, facing me.  I wished them both a good morning, coochi-coo-ed the baby and left to get ready to leave.

The rest of the story was narrated to me later on and I was unfortunately not an eye-witness.  Anuja (wife) came back to the room after some time.  Jenny (baby) saw her and with a start turned around to see who was holding her (aunt).  Apparently, she had all along been of the impression that it was her mum she was lying with!

If the daughter of my wife, who literally lives with her, eats with her and breathes with her 24/7 can be mistaken, who can blame me!  But I am glad it didn't happen only to me. :)  Let's see what aunty's visit has yet in stock for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. I would actually like to see the confusion Live..
    curious to know how a kid reacts to the confusion, expression has to be very amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that your confusion ended with just talking :)

    ReplyDelete