Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Contest

I have friends who are blessed with an over-abundance of good luck.  A certain friend of mine won an X-Box by calling in to a radio show!  Another friend keeps winning trips to Goa.  Yet another friend keeps getting her phones replaced by the service centre even if the problem was software!  One would think that by the rules of association, I should get lucky, too.  

And finally I did.  I won a certain online contest the other day and got myself a prize all the way from Germany to India!  That did it....I got addicted.  For all I know, this lucky streak might not last very long.  So, I am on the constant search for more contest on our world-wide-web.

Yesterday, I came across another one...and coincidence: this one is from Germany, too!  The theme is to submit a photo/video on 'the reason to shower'.  I know, sounds slightly vulgar, but it isn't!  One look at the site convinced me that it was actually fun.

So, what do I have to lose?  I have a camera, a computer and a model to pose for me: Jennifer!  She absolutely loves to shower.  Though she has her own baths in a bathtub, she still eagerly awaits the evenings where I hold her under the shower for a minute or two...she just adores it....there are giggles and laughs reverberating through the bathroom walls throughout!



I got my wife to stand with the camera and lo!  Jenny actually posed.  Instead of giving her attention to the water / shower, she actually posed for the camera.  I immediately posted one of the photos on the website.  So my big surprise, the picture received 17 votes within the first hour!  I did not expect that...strangers voted for something I submitted to a contest!!!


That got me motivated.  Since today morning, I have been updating my messenger, Orkut, Facebook and all possible statuses updated, asking people to vote for the picture and to tell their contacts to do the same. :)  Heights of desperation, I know.  But I am having fun in the whole campaign.  Let's see how it turns out.  I will update my blog with the final result once the contest is complete!  Thanks in advance in participating.  The link to the voting site is http://www.showerreasons.de/de/galerie.html?loadvideo=431&page=

1 comment:

  1. Vote submitted. If you win another shower head, that goes to my bathroom...agreed?

    ReplyDelete